Phibro Animal Health Limited
ByrneWallace advised Phibro Animal Health Corporation, a NASDAQ listed global diverse animal health and mineral n...
Hattrick Sports Group Limited
ByrneWallace advised the shareholders of Hattrick Sports Group Limited on its sale to sports betting company Fort...
Exeter Ireland Property III Limited
ByrneWallace advised Exeter Ireland Property III Limited, part of the Exeter Property Group....
Anthony Smyth is Head of the ByrneWallace Tax Department.
He has over fifteen years’ experience advising clients on all aspects of taxation law, with particular expertise advising on financial services and property-related tax, including structured finance transactions, capital market issues, investment funds and cross border financings, mergers and acquisitions, inward investment, group re-organisations and property acquisition and holding structures.
Anthony advises private and public sector clients, international corporations and financial institutions and sector expertise includes Health and Life Sciences, Financial Services, Real Estate, Inward Investment and Public Sector.
Anthony is also a regular speaker and writer on international tax and financial services issues. He has lectured previously for a number of professional accountancy bodies in Ireland and is a co-author of the IBFD's publication on Transfer-Pricing in Ireland. He is a member of both An Taoiseach’s IFSC Insurance Tax Group and the Irish Securitisation Forum.
- Irish Funds Industry Association VAT Working Group
- Anthony Smyth is the firm's head of tax and a recognised expert on international taxation. "Smyth is very good at delivering," remarks one impressed client of his, adding: "He has a lot of local connections in the business world in Dublin, which is helpful." - Chambers Europe 2019
- Clients compliment Anthony Smyth's approach, reporting that "he consistently delivers advice that is actionable and practical." - Chambers Europe, 2018
- Anthony Smyth of ByrneWallace has broad experience of tax law, with notable experience of issues relating to the financial services and property sectors, as well as drawing praise for his expertise in the tax aspects of technology-related investments. Clients appreciate him as "great at interpreting our needs, and amazing at understanding international and Irish tax systems." - Chambers Europe, 2016
- Anthony is recommended in a number of legal international directories including: World Tax, Chambers Global, PLC Which Lawyer?, Who's Who Legal, Best Lawyers and Guide to the World's Leading Tax Advisers.
- “Anthony Smyth of ByrneWallace regularly advises international corporations, particularly US companies, on all areas of tax law.” Ranked Individual in Chambers & Partners, 2014
- “Anthony Smyth is identified for his work on domestic and international corporate tax matters, particularly involving the financial services sector.” - Chambers Global, 2011
- “Anthony Smyth ‘always does an excellent job in tax’.” - Chambers Global, 2010
- “Clients see Anthony Smyth as a pivotal resource on both tax and insurance.” - Legal 500, 2010