ByrneWallace advised HealthBeacon in relation to its recent $12 million Series A financing. This brings total fun...
Hattrick Sports Group Limited
Advised the shareholders of Hattrick Sports Group Limited on its sale to Fortuna Entertainment Group...
Advised Showtime Analytics on its fundraising with Alibaba Pictures subsidiary Yueke/Finixx...
Brendan advises clients across a range of sectors (technology, life sciences, medical devices, energy, retail, public, food etc.) with a particular focus on clients in the technology sector. Brendan’s clients include companies at all stages of development—from start-ups and entrepreneurs, to mid-cap and scaling companies, to large domestic and multinational organisations.
Brendan’s specific areas of corporate expertise include mergers & acquisitions, corporate finance, corporate restructuring, venture capital, seed and growth stage fundraisings, corporate governance, and advising private and public companies on a range of company law matters. Brendan also has extensive experience advising clients on technology related commercial contracts, data protection & GDPR, intellectual property, e-commerce, SaaS and cloud computing, social media legal issues, and general commercial law advisory work.
Brendan’s recent experience includes:
- General GDPR compliance work and drafting and negotiating Data Processing Contracts, Joint/Independent Data Controller Agreements, Data Sharing Agreements, Privacy Policies etc. for a range of clients including FEXCO, BrowserStack, Mainstream Renewables, Phibro Animal Health, Amryt Pharmaceuticals, Adaptive Mobile Security, PrePayPower, Envisage Cloud, City Wonders, and Phonovation.
- Advised the selling shareholders of MFM Recruitment (Sigmar) on sale and option arrangements with Groupe Adequat.
- Advised Rentokil Initial 1927 plc on its acquisition of the Irish Cannon Hygiene business and related companies and assets.
- Advised the shareholders of Hattrick Sports Group Limited on its sale to Fortuna Entertainment Group.
- Advised the shareholders of Arconics on its sale to US satellite broadband group ViaSat.
- Advised Showtime Analytics on its fundraising by a subsidiary of Alibaba Pictures.
- Advised the shareholders of Nexala Limited on the sale of the company to Trimble (NASDAQ).
- Advised the shareholders of TechnoPath Distribution on the sale of the company to Diploma Plc.
- Advised Q3 Medical Devices Limited on multiple multi-million euro financings and related corporate structuring and commercial contracts.
- Advised DiaSorin on the Irish aspects of a multi-jurisdictional corporate restructuring.
- Advised Heavey RF on various commercial contracts such as software licences and services agreements and advising generally on intellectual property matters.
- Advised Leveris Limited on multiple corporate financings, intellectual property and commercial contract matters.
- Advised Healthbeacon Limited on global supply and SaaS licensing contracts, data protection matters and corporate financings.
- Advised Marfin SRL on its cross-border merger with Marcegaglia Ireland Limited.
- Advised Broadlake Capital on various acquisitions and investments.
- Advised Adaptive Mobile Security Limited in relation to various corporate restructuring and corporate governance matters.
- Advised MJ Flood Technology Limited on various ICT commercial contracts.
- Providing ongoing advices to Proverum, i360 Medical, Artugen Therapeutics, Neuromod Devices and Inflazome in relation to corporate and commercial matters.
- Bachelor of Civil Law, National University of Ireland, Galway, 2005
- Qualified as a Solicitor, Law Society of Ireland, England and Wales, 2009
- Diploma in Technology Law, Law Society of Ireland, 2013
- Certificate in Data Protection Practice, Law Society of Ireland, 2018
- Law Society of Ireland
- Dublin Solicitors Bar Association
- Law Society of England and Wales
- Dublin Chamber of Commerce
Brendan Gavin is ‘thorough, diligent and timely’ - Legal 500, 2018