Bray Town Center
On-going advice on what will be Ireland’s largest ever urban development project consisting of retail, commerci...
Negotiated on behalf of Tommy Hilfiger Europe the acquisition of a leasehold interest on Grafton Street, Dublin 2...
Advised Warren Private Clients on the successful negotiation of contracts relating to the acquisition of Phase 2,...
Catherine Guy has been Managing Partner of ByrneWallace since 2012. She previously led the firm’s Property and Construction teams and has a strong track record in large scale commercial development projects.
Catherine works with a wide range of clients and has extensive experience advising on acquisition, investment, and development transactions. These include land acquisition and sales, mixed-use development schemes, significant commercial development schemes and tax investments. Her role as adviser has also included project management and coordination of multi-disciplinary project teams.
- Advising a well-known international retailer on multiple acquisitions and lettings, the ongoing financing and asset management of a substantial commercial property portfolio, and coordinating and managing the delivery of services to this organisation.
- Advising on a range of substantial mixed-use developments, which incorporate a significant retail element, together with residential and commercial.
- Advising on hotel developments, tax structuring, substantial office developments and lettings (acting for landlords and tenants).
- Acting as the key relationship partner for a number of clients including large public sector and private sector organisations across a variety of industries - in this role Catherine is responsible for the coordination and project management of services to those clients from all teams in ByrneWallace.
- Diploma in Company Direction, Institute of Directors, 2015
- Qualified as a Solicitor, Law Society of Ireland, 1991
- Bachelor of Civil Law (BCL), University College Dublin, 1987
- Childrens Hospital Group Board
- ByrneWallace Management Committee
- Dublin Solicitors Bar Association
- Irish Centre for European Law
- Law Society of Ireland
- Institute of Directors, Ireland
Catherine Guy represents clients from the retail sector in real estate mandates. Clients report that Guy is "very focused and very efficient." She also acts as the firm's managing partner. - Chambers Europe, 2017
Catherine Guy is ranked as an Eminent Practitioner by Chambers Europe, 2017
Catherine Guy is considered "an exemplary lawyer" by interviewees. She has in-depth knowledge of the full range of real estate issues, covering retail developments, residential projects and office buildings, alongside her duties as managing partner. - Chambers & Partners, 2016
According to sources, Catherine Guy is a "clear thinker, with the experience to know when something is material or not. She is capable, smart and hard working." Guy acts on numerous real estate transactions, investments and developments, alongside her duties as managing partner. - Chambers & Partners, 2015
Managing partner Catherine Guy is widely respected for her experience and client-driven approach. Clients enthuse: "She has sound commercial judgement and provides an excellent level of service; overall she is proactive and extremely personable." - Chambers & Partners, 2014