Ciara is a Partner in the Health Services Team at ByrneWallace. Her specialist area is Public Law litigation, and she has particular expertise in advising public authorities and private organisations on their obligations to children and vulnerable adults under Irish and European law.
Ciara has been a Public Law litigation specialist for over 12 years, advising and representing public authorities in contentious child care, wardship, mental health and judicial review cases. Having developed an expertise in regulatory compliance she has also helped her clients avoid unnecessary litigation.
Ciara is an expert in the development of child protection policies and protocols for private clubs and organisations.
- Successfully advised and represented the Health Service Executive in a contentious international child custody dispute in the High Court and Supreme Court. The case resulted in an important Supreme Court judgment on the interpretation of Irish Adoption law.
- Represents the Health Service Executive in the District Court on a daily basis in contentious applications for Orders required to protect children from harm.
- Advises organisations on highly sensitive inquiries into allegations of current and retrospective child abuse.
- Bachelor of Arts (Hons) Trinity College Dublin 1994
- The Law Society of Ireland
- Dublin Solicitors Bar Association
Ciara lectures to various organisations and on educational courses e.g. The Law Society of Ireland