Daniel is a Partner in the ByrneWallace LLP Corporate Team and he has extensive experience advising both Irish and international clients on a wide range of transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, restructurings, corporate governance matters, and private equity/venture capital. He is a trusted strategic advisor to entrepreneurs, business owners, investors and public sector bodies. He also advises on general commercial arrangements, and has many years of experience in advising Irish sporting bodies on all corporate and commercial matters.
- Advised Integrity360, one of the UK and Ireland’s fastest growing cyber security specialists, on a major strategic investment from leading London private equity firm August Equity.
- Advised the selling shareholders in SONAS Bathrooms, the largest single supplier of bathroom products in Ireland, on a deal that involved management acquiring a majority stake in the company.
- Acted for the shareholders of Interactive Services in relation to its acquisition by LRN Software, backed by Leeds Equity Partners, LLC.
- Advised a South African fund on the sale of the Tesco Distribution centre in Donabate, Ireland’s largest building, to a Korean investor for approximately €160m. This deal represented the largest single-asset logistics transaction to have taken place in the Irish market.
- Advising a medical devices company in respect of a pre-IPO funding round and drafting and negotiating investment documentation with primarily Asia based investment funds.
- Advising a biopharmaceutical company focused on investing in start-ups and technologies in a substantial co-investment involving both equity and convertible loan notes.
- Acts for a large international retail chain in relation to commercial agreements and corporate matters.
- Advised on the unwinding of an investment partnership structures established to invest in nursing home facilities in Ireland.
- Advises Irish family office investment funds on seed investments in multiple Irish start-ups in the energy, payments and financial services sector.
- Bachelor of Commerce, University College Cork
- LLM, University of Durham
- Solicitor, Law Society of Ireland
- Solicitor, Law Society of England and Wales
- Diploma Financial Law, Law Society of Ireland
- Dublin Solicitors Bar Association
- Law Society of Ireland
- Admitted to the Roll of Solicitors in England and Wales
‘Daniel Holohan – associate – detail focused and keen to progress matters quickly and efficiently.’ - Legal 500, 2022