ByrneWallace LLP advises Integrity360....
M.&M. Walshe Holdings Limited
ByrneWallace advised M.&M. Walshe Holdings Limited, on its acquisition by Eight Fifty Food Group....
ByrneWallace advise Brindley Healthcare on its €10million investment by BGF...
Deirdre Lynch is a Partner in the ByrneWallace LLP Employment Team. She is a highly experienced employment and occupational health and safety law specialist. She provides focused, practical legal advice to a broad range of national, multinational and public sector employers regarding contentious and non-contentious matters.
Deirdre has particular experience in contentious employment matters and routinely represents employers before the employment adjudicatory bodies. She also advises in relation to claims and injunction applications before the High Court.
Deirdre assists the firm’s Corporate Team in advising regarding the diverse and complex employment issues arising in domestic and international commercial transactions and restructurings, including, the Transfer of Undertakings Regulations, the Cross-border Merger Regulations, employee relocation and restructuring post-acquisition.
She lectures and tutors on the Law Society of Ireland's professional training course for solicitors and on its Diploma in Employment Law course. Deirdre conducts training workshops which are specifically tailored to clients’ needs in order to provide guidance on successfully managing issues, such as, poor performance and grievance and disciplinary matters. She speaks regularly at conferences on various employment law issues. Deirdre frequently contributes articles on developments in Irish employment law to various publications.
- Working with international companies establishing operations in Ireland, including, drafting policies and procedures and employment contracts.
- Advising a very large international technology company in relation to day-to-day employment issues.
- Working with a number of large employers in the private and public sectors in relation to matters, including, recruitment, bullying and harassment complaints, processing grievances and disciplinary issues and termination of employment.
- Advising employers on the obligations imposed by the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Act 2005 and associated regulations, including assisting employers audit their level of compliance with health and safety law.
- Bachelor of Civil Law Degree (Hons), University College Dublin, 2001
- Qualified Solicitor, Law Society of Ireland, 2005
- Diploma in Employment Law, University College Dublin, 2006
- Law Society of Ireland
- International Employment Committee of the American Bar Association
- Dublin Solicitors’ Bar Association
- Health and Safety Lawyers' Association of Ireland
"Deirdre Lynch is extremely practical, pragmatic and commercially minded. Deirdre had to deal with delicate and complicated issues with very tight timelines. All work was accomplished with the minimum of fuss and a genuine understanding of her client’s needs." - Legal 500, 2022
"Deirdre Lynch is highly experienced and competent. She delivers appropriate advice in a manner that makes it accessible to the non-expert. She kept our firm informed of all developments throughout or case and was excellent in expressing what she needed from us and any timeframes. Deirdre remained very accessible throughout the process and displayed attention to detail, client care and knowledge." - Legal 500, 2021
"Deirdre Lynch is easy to engage with, feels immediately like part of the team and works incredibly hard." - Legal 500, 2020
"Deirdre Lynch's follow up is second to none and the quality of her advice and legal copy is excellent." - Legal 500, 2020
"Knowledgeable and practical" - Legal 500, 2015