ByrneWallace advised Ireland‘s largest magazine publisher, Harmonia....
Renatus Capital Partners
Advised Renatus Capital and Martello Group on their acquisition of Simtech...
Feargal is a partner and Head of the ByrneWallace Corporate Department and leads the mergers and acquisitions and private equity/venture capital teams. He is widely regarded as one of the most experienced lawyers in the field in Ireland.
Feargal provides advisory and transactional advice to a wide variety of clients across an array of business sectors and has over 20 years’ experience in Irish and international businesses. In addition to leading the Corporate Department he is also on the firm's Executive Management Committee.
Key transaction experience
- Advised CES Carbon Services in multijurisdictional Carbon energy investment program in Middle East.
- Advised National Asset Management Agency in first corporate Joint Venture with Oaktree Capital.
- Advised Bentley Systems Inc in establishment of Irish operations and ongoing advisory matters.
- Advised Adaptive Mobile on multiple syndicated investment rounds by Intel Capital and Doughty Hanson.
- Advised Island Renewables in disposal of equity interests held by One51 plc .
- Advised One51 Plc in multiple acquisitions.
- Advised successful consortium member in acquisition of Irish Gas utility Bord Gais Eireann.
- Advised HPC in acquisition of national chain of DIY stores.
- Advised Swrve in major equity investment funding round by Atlantic Bridge and Intel Capital.
- Advising Cosmo Pharmaceutical Plc in its multi-billion dollar merger with Salix Pharmaceuticals.
- Advised Oak Acquisitions in debt and equity refinancing.
- Advised PrepayPower in relation to debt and equity financings.
- Advised Ion Equity in its €35m sale of Southwestern to Capita plc.
- Advised in major investment in Nua Healthcare, leading private healthcare provider in the disability sector.
- Advised Zalando S.A. on establishment of its international R & D Centre.
- Advised Clavis Insights in its US$20m equity fundraising by Accel KKR
- Diploma in European Law
- Bachelor of Civil Law, (BCL) (International) University College Dublin & De Paul Law School, Chicago Illinois, USA, 1993
- Admitted as a Solicitor, Law Society of Ireland, 1996
- Member of the Dublin Solicitors Bar Association.
- Firm Partner representative of ALFA International Legal Network
- Outgoing member of the Business Law Committee of the Law Society
- Former member of the Tax and Law Committee of the European Venture Capital Association
- Former member of the Irish Venture Capital Association's committee on the preparation of standard form investment agreements
According to clients, Feargal Brennan is "amenable, easy to get on with, pragmatic and commercial." He assisted Zalando with the setting up of its technical operations in Dublin, including company law compliance. Brennan frequently advises clients on corporate finance. - Chambers Europe, 2017
- Recommended as a leading private equity lawyer in PLC Publication
- Recommended as a leading lawyer in Chambers Global Directory of the World's leading lawyers for Business
ByrneWallace has worked on equity capital markets transactions for pharmaceuticals and software companies, notably advising on Cosmo Pharmaceuticals’ listing on the Swiss Stock Exchange. The practice is ‘excellent and great value for money’. - Legal 500, 2016
Feargal Brennan ‘gets to the heart of the matter without fuss’. - Legal 500, 2016
Corporate head Feargal Brennan recently acted for Oak Acquisitions, part of Ion Equity, on the EUR35 million sale of the issued share capital of SouthWestern to Capita. He is well regarded in the market for his in-depth transactional knowledge, offering notable strength in the technology sector, - Chambers Europe, 2016
Feargal Brennan is ‘among Dublin’s outstanding lawyers.’ - Legal 500, 2015Feargal Brennan "always has one eye on the business issues, and the most pragmatic and commercial thing to do," according to one client. As department head, he recently led the team advising NAMA on structuring a joint venture with Oaktree Capital and Bennett Construction.
- Chambers Global, 2015
Head of M&A and corporate finance Feargal Brennan is praised for his "great client relations." Clients report that he "focuses on the important issues, fits the way we want to be perceived, and is measured and persuasive." - Chambers Global, 2014
Corporate & Commercial Head Feargal Brennan has ‘a very good commercial approach’- Legal 500, 2014
Feargal Brennan leads the M&A and private equity/venture capital team. Happy clients report that he “is quite amazing. He has a fantastically supportive and constructive style." - Chambers Global, 2013
Feargal Brennan is a senior figure in the market with specialist knowledge of the technology industry. Sources describe him as " a top-class guy," and add that "clients feel that he really cares about finding the right solution" - Chambers & Partners, 2011
The M & A Group is headed by Feargal Brennan, a "grounded and pragmatic lawyer with an impressive level of experience" - Chambers & Partners, 2010
ByrneWallace "adds value through clear business-focused advice" The firm has developed a strong renewables practice and is advising Anglo Irish Bank on the funding of numerous wind farm projects with the "very commercially savvy and service driven" Feargal Brennan recommended for corporate energy work. - Legal 500, 2010