ByrneWallace has acted for Windmark Developments in the sale of its subsidiary, to Energia Group. ...
Mainstream Renewable Power
ByrneWallace advises Mainstream Renewable Power on Irish legal aspects of US$580m debt raise ...
ByrneWallace advise Iberdrola Ireland on its entry into the Irish energy market...
Gavin is a Partner and Head of the ByrneWallace Energy & Natural Resources team.
Gavin has over ten years’ experience advising clients in the energy sector, in particular in relation to wind farm projects but also extending to projects in the fields of solar PV, bioenergy, hydro, auto-production, conventional power, AD and CHP. He works with developers, funders and investors from the preliminary site acquisition and consenting phase right through to project finance and construction. In addition, Gavin has acted in the purchase and sale of approximately 300MW of both development stage and operational wind farms projects in ROI.
Prior to joining ByrneWallace in July 2018, Gavin was Partner in the Energy & Natural Resources team of another large Dublin law firm. He was also previously company secretary of a multi-national renewable energy developer.Gavin is a member of a number of associations in the Irish Energy Sector, and was appointed Secretary of the Irish Solar Energy Association in July 2019.
- Advised a pillar Irish bank on the project finance of a portfolio of onshore wind farms in ROI comprising approximately 25MW.
- Acted in the sale of a partly operational (40MW) and partly development stage (13.8MW) wind farm in County Kerry, likely to be one of the largest single project wind farm disposals in 2018.
- Acted in the sale of an 80MW development stage wind farm project in County Limerick.
- Acted in the sale of a 100MW development stage proposed offshore wind farm in County Galway.
- Acted in the sale of an operational 25MW wind farm in County Cork.
- Acted as owner's legal advisor for numerous smaller scale (sub 10MW) wind farm developers in the development, project finance and construction of their respective projects.
- Acted in the development, project finance / construction and subsequent sale of a 14MW wind farm in County Tipperary.
- Advised a client on the development of a proposed 115MW peaking power plant in County Dublin.
- Acted for a number of non-Irish lending institutions in the project finance of a number of wind farm projects in the period 2016 – 2018.
- Acted for a number of domestic solar developers in the securing of property rights for a pipeline of approximately 500MW of proposed large scale ground mounted solar PV projects.
- Advised a domestic solar developer in respect of a sizeable equity investment by ESB.
- Advised a leading supplier of electricity and gas in the domestic market in relation to innovative contracts relating to energy investment arrangements and energy efficiency credits.
- BA Economics & Politics (Trinity College Dublin, 1999)
- Admitted as a Solicitor (Law Society of Ireland, 2007)
- Diploma Corporate Law & Governance (Law Society of Ireland, 2008)
- Secretary and member of the Irish Solar Energy Association
- Law Society of Ireland
- Dublin Solicitors Bar Association
- Irish Wind Energy Association
- Irish Wind Farmers’ Association
Described by Legal 500 2019 as a "Next Generation Lawyer" - Legal 500 2019
Gavin Blake has been a ‘good signing’ for the ‘always available’ team at ByrneWallace. - Legal 500 2019