South African Fund
ByrneWallace acts in the sale of Ireland’s largest building on behalf of a South African Fund. ...
US Investment Manager
ByrneWallace advises U.S. investment manager on sale of portfolio of approximately €45 million of Irish commerc...
ByrneWallace advise Aminex plc on the disposal of a 50 per cent interest in the Ruvuma Production Sharing Agreeme...
Gerry is a partner in the ByrneWallace Corporate team and Head of the ByrneWallace Capital Markets Group.
He has extensive experience in advising sponsors and corporates in relation to capital markets transactions including flotations, fundraisings, disposals, takeovers and general compliance matters. He also advises regularly on mergers and acquisitions, private equity matters, joint ventures, commercial contracts and corporate reorganisations and restructurings.
Gerry has advised funders and corporates on a number of transactions in the energy & resources sector and also co-chairs the firm’s dedicated family business unit, which specialises in advising Irish family businesses on all manner of transactions, governance and succession planning arrangements.
Prior to joining ByrneWallace, Gerry qualified as a solicitor in a leading City of London firm and worked in a leading Dublin law firm. Gerry has lectured in the Law Society, the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Ireland and has published articles in various publications including Finance Magazine.
- Advised a South African fund on the sale of the Tesco Distribution centre in Donabate, Ireland’s largest building, to a Korean investor for approximately €160m.This deal represented the largest single-asset logistics transaction to have taken place in the Irish market.
- Advised a U.S. investment manager on the sale of a portfolio of approximately €45 million of Irish commercial real estate loans to Ready Capital, a real estate finance company headquartered in New York.
- Advised MML Growth Capital Partners Ireland on a significant investment in leading Irish guided tour operator Travel Department.
- Advised MML Growth Capital Partners Ireland on its investment in Fastway Couriers Ireland, supporting management in providing an exit for the original shareholders.
- Advised listed exploration and production company Aminex plc on a number of equity (and debt) fundraisings carried out in the last three years, and in relation to the disposal of its US operations, a class one transaction for the purposes of the listing rules.
- Advised leading Irish meat processing company Callan Bacon in relation to the acquisition of UK based wholesale supplier Stirchley Bacon.
- Advised German restructuring specialist mutares AG in relation to the sale of pharmaceutical contract manufacturer Suir Pharma Ireland to Slovakian based Saneca Pharmaceuticals.
- Advised New York based investment firm Tricadia Capital Management in relation to the establishment of a senior debt fund focussed on commercial property lending in the Irish market.
- Advised AIM and ESM listed oil and gas exploration and production company PetroNeft Resources plc in relation to a number of fundraisings as well as a shareholder requisition for an EGM aimed at the removal of the executive management team from the board.
- Advised Providence Resources plc on a number of fundraisings.
- Advised Island Oil & Gas plc in relation to its reverse takeover, which was carried out by way of a securities exchange.
- Advised a brand name US multinational on a series of internal restructurings and intercompany and cash management transactions.
- Advised the Ward family in relation to the restructuring of Dublin Cinema Group and Cameo Cinema Group, which include some of Ireland’s best known cinemas, arising out of the settlement of a shareholder dispute.
- Advised a leading Irish document management and secure destruction company in relation to the sale of part of its business.
- Advised BT Ireland in relation to the provision of network and ICT services.
- Advised a leading security company in relation to a number of acquisitions of Irish businesses.
- Advised dual listed Glanbia plc on its acquisition of the liquid milk business of Dawn Dairies Limited and Golden Vale Dairies Limited from Kerry Group plc, including notification of the transaction to the Irish Competition Authority, which approved the transaction.
- Bachelor of Laws, Trinity College Dublin, 1998
- Diploma in Legal Practice, Oxford Institute of Legal Practice, 1999
- Qualified as a solicitor in England, 2002
- Admitted to the Roll of Solicitors in Ireland, 2003
- Dublin Solicitors Bar Association
- Law Society of Ireland
- Admitted to the Roll of Solicitors in England and Wales
Gerry Beausang is extremely experienced, easy to deal with and takes a very pragmatic approach to deals. He does not engage in point scoring which can often get in the way of getting the job done and is a very straight shooter. You know where you stand at all times and there are no surprises. - Legal 500, 2020
Gerry Beausang is very experienced and provides plenty of direct partner involvement. - Legal 500, 2020
Gerry Beausang is a trusted adviser to my company. He has a great knowledge of all matters he has worked on for us and can be relied on for clear, concise and timeous advice. - Legal 500, 2020
Clients describe Gerry Beausang as 'personally incredibly committed to each engagement', - Legal 500, 2019
Gerry Beausang provides ‘strong listing advice’ to clients. - Chambers Europe, 2018
Gerry Beausang has ‘a good understanding of commercial factors’. - Legal 500, 2018
Gerry Beausang of ByrneWallace impresses clients with his well-rounded experience across ECM. Interviewees state: "We can rely on him for everything - he tells it how it is and facilitates commercial decisions." - Chambers Europe, 2016
Gerry Beausang is ‘an excellent negotiator’ - Legal 500, 2016
According to clients, "his area of expertise is working with public companies, and he brings a technical strength to the discussion." - Chambers & Partner's, 2015
Gerry Beausang is praised by clients as "a great operator." He acts on a broad range of public and private transactions including IPOs, secondary fund-raisings and M&A. - Chambers Global, 2014
"He is solution-oriented and takes a pragmatic approach to problem solving," says a source. Chambers Global, 2013
Gerry Beausang is praised for his "fantastic, first-class advice." He recently advised Providence Resources on its USD65 million fund-raising. - Chambers Global, 2012.