ByrneWallace has advised Lidl Ireland on the forward sale of a substantial part of a landmark mixed-use developme...
Michelle is a partner in the ByrneWallace LLP Property team.
She acts for a wide range of clients across public and private sectors, with a particular focus on the retail sector, advising retail clients in the acquisition, disposal, asset management and leasing of shopping centres, retail and office parks as well as high street properties.
Relevant experience includes:
- Acts for GL Ireland ICAV in relation to its shopping centre portfolio known as the Harvest Portfolio (which comprises five shopping centres) in relation to agreements for lease, leases, licences and all of its asset management requirements.
- Acted for the owner/landlord of Dundrum Town Centre and Dundrum Village Centre in the drafting and negotiating of leases and licences of units within the centre including: drafting and negotiation of appropriate lease/licence documents together with agreements for lease; dealing with all ancillary issues such as management company related issues, service charge issues, construction related issues etc.
- Acting for a large international retail chain in relation to the acquisition and subsequent development of commercial sites, which includes reviewing title and draft contracts for sale and the provision of advices in relation to planning matters, agreeing planning timetables with vendors.
- Acted for a large Irish retailer in its acquisition of a national chain of coffee retailers.
- Acts for Boojum Limited and related companies in its restaurant leasing across Ireland.
- Acts for Butlers Chocolate Cafes in its property and leasing transactions.
- Dublin City University, BA (Hons), 2004
- Law Society of Ireland, Diploma in Commercial Litigation, 2009
- Law Society of Ireland, Admitted as a Solicitor, 2010
- Admitted as a Solicitor in England and Wales, 2010
- Dublin Solicitors Bar Association
- Law Society of Ireland
Michael Walsh, Michelle McVeigh and Bryan O’Gorman for being able to guide the client through some very detailed and complex deals. They drew on their experience to provide excellent legal advice with an understanding of the commercial needs for the deal to succeed. - Legal 500, 2020
Michelle is ranked as Next Generation Partner in Legal 500 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017 and 2016.