Mainstream Renewable Power
ByrneWallace advises Mainstream Renewable Power on Irish legal aspects of US$580m debt raise ...
ByrneWallace have advised Twinlite, with its collaboration with Tristan Capital Partners ...
ByrneWallace has advised a group of 16 credit unions on their €10million joint venture with Fexco known as Meta...
With over twenty years’ experience as a corporate lawyer, Neil has advised on many significant and complex transactions including mergers and acquisitions, private equity and venture capital investments, corporate re-organisations, examinerships and business rescues and turnarounds. He also advises on shareholder and joint venture agreements and commercial contracts such as franchise and distribution agreements. In addition Neil has advised extensively on company law and corporate governance and regularly advises on matters such as Directors’ duties and shareholder rights and disputes. Neil has a particular experience and interest in the renewable and alternative energy sectors and has also dealt with many transactions in the medical devices and medtech sectors and acts for a number of technology companies.
Prior to joining ByrneWallace in 2016 Neil was the Managing Partner of another corporate practice and previously practised as a Corporate partner in another large Dublin law firm.
Neil regularly lectures in the Law Society including the Law Society's series of seminars during 2015 on the Companies Act, 2014. Neil has also authored a chapter in the Law Society's Business Law manual, and regularly contributes articles to national media and specialist publications such as Energy Ireland's renewable energy magazine. He is a regular speaker on company and commercial law related topics.
- Acting for Mainstream Renewable Power Limited in the Irish legal aspects of its landmark $117.5million deal to fund the expansion of the Lekela Power platform providing renewable power supply across Africa.
- Acting for Ocuco Limited in a €23million financing from Wells Fargo’s Technology Finance unit and on its acquisition of B&F Group.
- Acting for some founding investors in ElectroRoute as part of a major new partnership with Mitsubishi corporation.
- Acting for Enterprise Equity VC in connection with the exit of its investment in Movidius to Intel.
- Acting for United Language Group Inc. on the acquisition of Merrill Brink International Limited.
- Acting for Endeco Technologies Limited on various fundraising rounds including most recently from the ESB Novus Modus Fund.
- Acting for a renewable energy business in a fundraising valued in excess of €100 million in equity and secured loan notes.
- Acting for a well known construction company in a re-organisation involving a significant equity investment of over €10 million, a group reorganisation and two new banking facilities.
- Acting for an Irish based medical devices company in an MBO and subsequently in its sale to a U.S. multinational for a consideration of up to €30 million.
- Acting for another medical devices company in its sale to a U.S. based buyer for a multi million euro consideration.
- Acting for a well known renewable energy company in its sale to a large utility for a consideration of €1.8 billion.
- Acting for a medtech company in the disposal of its key technology to a multinational.
- Acting for an investor as part of the rescue of an airline in Examinership.
- Acting for one of the parties in a joint venture in a motorway PPP project in the disposal of its shareholding to an infrastructure fund for a multi million euro consideration.
- Acting for a seed capital venture fund in a number of rounds of equity investment.
- Acting for a statutory commission in multiple equity investments in companies which it supports
- Bachelor of Civil Law (BCL)
- Admitted as a Solicitor Law Society of Ireland, 1994
- Chairperson Business Law Committee, Law Society of Ireland
- Institute of Directors
- Former President and company secretary of the Dun Laoghaire Rathdown Chamber of Commerce
- Dublin Solicitors Bar Association and former member of its company law committee
'Outstanding' practice head Neil Keenan advised Mainstream Renewable Power on a $50m fund facility used for its equity investment in two wind farms - Legal 500 2019
Described by Legal 500 2019 as a "Leading Individual" - Legal 500 2019
Neil Keenan provides ‘excellent guidance and comfort in sometimes difficult situations’ - Legal 500, 2018
Practice head Neil Keenan, is ‘highly knowledgeable on corporate matters’. - Legal 500, 2018
Clients describe Neil Keenan as 'strong and competent' in relation to his corporate expertise in the Energy and Natural Resources Sector. - Legal 500, 2017