ByrneWallace advises the majority shareholder of Interactive Services....
Close Leasing Limited
ByrneWallace advised Close Leasing Limited....
ByrneWallace has acted for ING Bank as lender’s legal advisor in the project finance of a portfolio of three wi...
Paraic is a partner in the ByrneWallace LLP Banking and Finance team. He has over twenty years banking experience advising both financial institutions and borrowers in connection with all forms of secured and unsecured lending transactions. He has extensive experience advising on acquisition finance, renewable energy finance, property finance and commercial and residential development finance.
Paraic was previously a partner in a boutique banking practice and prior to joining ByrneWallace LLP in 2015, he spent five years acting as in-house counsel with one of Ireland leading pillar banks. This provided Paraic with a unique insight and understanding of the banking industry.
Key Recent Experience
- Advised ING Bank, branch of ING DiBa AG in connection with project finance for the development of a portfolio of three onshore Irish wind farms with a combined new generation capacity of circa 21 MW being added to the Irish electricity grid.
- Acted for Close Leasing Limited relating to a facility advanced to a Borrower to enable it acquire a 50% shareholding in a 20.5MW wind farm and re-finance the senior debt secured on the project.
- Acted for Twinlite, a property developer, relating to senior and mezzanine finance facilities aggregating €90m provided by Bank of Ireland and Cardinal Capital respectively relating to a development of 370 residential units in the Dublin region.
- Advised Cullaun Capital relating to development facilities it provided to Bartra Capital for the development of a 221 bed nursing home in Beaumont and 118 bed nursing home in Santry.
- Advised an alternative lender specialising in development finance relating to loan facilities of €10m advanced to fund the construction of a nursing home in Wicklow.
- Acted for SME Finance & Leasing Solutions DAC relating to loan facility of €17.5m advanced by the Strategic Banking Corporation of Ireland.
- Acted for a developer in connection with development finance facilities of €20m advanced by a senior lender and mezzanine lender to assist the developer complete the construction of a residential development in the Dublin area.
- Bachelor of Business and Legal Studies, University College Dublin, 1995
- Qualified as Solicitor, Law Society of Ireland, 2001
- Dublin Solicitors Bar Association
- Law Society of Ireland
- Ibec Property Industry Ireland Funding Initiatives Committee
‘Paraic O’Kennedy has previously worked in-house in the financial sector and this knowledge of both sides of a transaction is invaluable in understanding how far any particular issues can be pushed and challenged. He will always return calls in a timely fashion, even at some times if this is very late in the evening. This type of service and responsiveness is hugely important.’ - Legal 500, 2021
Paraic O’Kennedy is noted for his 'outstanding client management'. - Legal 500, 2019
Recently appointed partner Paraic O’Kennedy ‘knows how the banks operate' - Legal 500, 2017