ByrneWallace have advised Cullaun Capital relating to loan facilities it provided to Bartra Capital for the devel...
ByrneWallace have advised Twinlite relating to the €90 million development finance facilities that it secured f...
Advised Ocuco Limited on a €23 million financing from Wells Fargo’s Technology Finance unit and on its acquis...
Paraic is a Partner in the ByrneWallace Banking and Finance team.
He has over sixteen years’ banking experience advising both financial institutions and borrowers in connection with all forms of secured and unsecured lending transactions. He also has extensive experience advising on acquisition finance, tax based finance, development finance and property finance.
Paraic was previously a partner in a niche boutique banking practice and, prior to joining ByrneWallace spent five years acting as in-house counsel with one of Ireland’s pillar banks. This experience has given Paraic a unique insight and understanding of the banking industry.
Paraic’s previous experience also includes advising lending institutions on all insolvency related matters relating to their loan portfolios, and he has provided extensive advice to lending institutions relating to debt restructuring, corporate recovery and debt workouts.
Key Recent Experience
- Advised a corporate entity on €15 million loan facilities provided to assist in the acquisition of a UK company and the re-finance of existing loan facilities.
- Advised Origin Capital on the re-finance of prime city centre hotel.
- Acted for a Bank on a €20 million loan relating to the re-finance and corporate re-structuring of Dublin pub group.
- Acted for a Bank relating to a €40 million loan for the development and refurbishment of a Dublin hotel.
- Acted for a Bank on a €25 million loan relating to the acquisition of a Dublin site and subsequent development of a circa 90 residential unit.
- Acted for a Bank relating to a €25 million loan on the acquisition of a company.
- Acted for a consortium of tax investors relating to a €35 million loan for the re-finance of an existing loan facility secured on prime office block in the IFSC.
- Bachelor of Business and Legal Studies, University College Dublin, 1995
- Qualified as Solicitor, Law Society of Ireland, 2001
- Dublin Solicitors Bar Association
- Law Society of Ireland
- Ibec Property Industry Ireland Funding Initiatives Committee
According to Legal 500 2019 Paraic O’Kennedy is noted for his 'outstanding client management'.
Recently appointed partner Paraic O’Kennedy ‘knows how the banks operate' - Legal 500, 2017