Patrick is a Partner in the Health Services Team, with significant expertise in advocacy in contested in camera child care proceedings. He represents the HSE in preparing and running complex and contested applications under the Child Care Act in the District Court.
His specialist areas of advice and representation include immigration legislation and schemes, and judicial review proceedings on behalf of the State. Before joining ByrneWallace, Patrick was a member of the judicial review section of the Chief State Solicitors Office dealing exclusively with High Court and Supreme Court litigation. Patrick trained as a Solicitor in William Fry Solicitors where he qualified as a Solicitor in 2003, thereafter working in general litigation.
- The majority of Patrick’s work in court is governed by the in camera rule.
- Successfully defended judicial review proceedings against the HSE which sought to expand the definition of “After Care”.
- Represented the HSE in judicial review proceedings involving complex social welfare legislation.
- Trained in Mediation Advocacy Skills, Centre for Effective Dispute Resolution, 2010
- Certificate in Judicial Review, Law Society of Ireland 2007
- Qualified as a Solicitor – January 2003
- Kings Inns Certificate in Legal Irish – 2002/2003
- Bachelor of Civil Law (International), University College Dublin, 1999
- The Law Society of Ireland
- Dublin Solicitors Bar Association
Patrick McClean have a very impressive insight into health care, mental health and wardship matters. - Legal 500, 2020