Paul McGennis is a consultant at ByrneWallace.
Paul has extensive experience, over 30 years in advising on banking, financial services and real estate transactions including advising lenders, investors and developers on acquisition and development finance. More recently, he has focussed on the workout of tax based lending structures, security remediation, debt restructuring and settlement agreements.
Paul also has significant experience advising both vendors and purchasers on portfolio and individual loan sales and acquisitions in respect of loans secured on domestic and international assets.
Paul served as Managing Partner of ByrneWallace from 2006 until 2012. During this time he led the Firm through a period of growth, including introducing several new business lines.
An innovator in his field, Paul is also a founding member of Ireland - Gateway to Europe, a private non-profit initiative comprising of Irish service providers who showcase Ireland as Europe's premier investment location. Paul is also one of the founder members of the REITS Forum a group of market participants who promoted the introduction of Real Estate Investments Trusts (REITs) in Ireland.
Paul is also an active member of the Loan Market Association, participating in education and training seminars on industry standards, and updating industry relevant documentation and market guidelines.
- Bachelor of Civil Law (BCL), University College Dublin, 1984
- Admitted as Solicitor Ireland, 1988
- LLM Commercial Law, University College Dublin, 1992
- Harvard Law School, Executive Education Leadership in Law Firms, 2008
- Law Society of Ireland
- Dublin Solicitors Bar Association
- Dublin Chamber of Commerce – active member and former council member
- Institute of Directors of Ireland
- Founding member Ireland - Gateway to Europe
- Founding member REITS Forum
- Loan Market Association
- Admitted to the Roll of Solicitors in England and Wales
Paul is a recommended lawyer in Chambers and Partner:
Paul McGennis has expertise across a range of issues and is regarded as a talented, experienced practitioner.