Sharon is a partner in the ByrneWallace Corporate Team.
She practises in the area of corporate law, specialising primarily on mergers and acquisitions, international corporate transactions, private equity fundraising and investments. She also advises on corporate re-organisations, cross border mergers, joint ventures and shareholder arrangements. Sharon has advised on many significant post-acquisition integration projects.
Sharon has worked with a number of international clients advising in relation to inward investment projects. Sharon also has extensive experience advising on directors’ duties, corporate governance and compliance issues and in relation to general commercial contracts.
Sharon regularly acts for leading Irish and international businesses, as well as individual shareholders, across a range of business sectors including telecoms, renewables, infrastructure and tourism/hospitality.
Sharon has worked on the following significant transactions:-
- Advised a multi-national telecoms group in connection with a substantial strategic equity investment.
- Advised a renewable energy business in connection with a significant corporate re-structuring and fundraising.
- Advised a client which owns and operates key transport infrastructure in connection with an equity investment.
- Advising a leading hotel and leisure group in connection with a significant corporate and debt restructuring.
- Advising clients in the hospitality sector in connection with key acquisitions.
- Advising a statutory body in connection with equity investments in companies which it supports.
According to clients, Sharon McCaffrey has "terrific expertise in corporate governance and company organisation." McCaffrey advises on M&A, company law and private equity fund-raising. - Chambers Global 2017
Sharon McCaffrey is ranked as Up and Coming Lawyer by Chambers Europe, 2017.
Sharon comes recommended as an "approachable and friendly" corporate practitioner. - Chambers Europe 2016
Sharon McCaffrey is praised by clients: "We always feel safe and secure in her hands. Her attention to detail is enormous, and she is always available and always on the case." - Chambers Global 2015
- Admitted as a solicitor in 2002
- Masters in Laws (LL.M Commercial Law), University College Dublin
- Diploma in Employment Law, University College Dublin
- Bachelor in Laws (LL.B Hons), Trinity College Dublin
- Dublin Solicitors Bar Association