Sinéad is a Partner and Head of the firm's Health Services Team. Her passion and commitment to her clients ensures that they receive all round support. Sinéad relies on her excellent skill set and works closely with her committed team of Solicitors to consistently deliver high quality legal advice.
Sinéad has been the legal advisor to the Child and Family Agency and it's predecessors in the seminal Child Protection Cases of the last 25 years. In addition to Child Protection, Sinéad specialises in Adoption Law, Children’s Mental Health and Constitutional Rights.
- Represents and advices the Child and Family Agency and its predecessors in complex and sensitive litigation before the District Court pursuant to the Agency’s statutory obligation as set out in the Child Care Act.
- Represented and advised the HSE now Child and Family Agency in the development of the Special Care Jurisdiction for Children.
- Provides expert advice and representation in complex Domestic and Intercountry Adoption cases.
- Managed and advised in a number of the most high profile and contentious High Court actions against Public Sector Clients.
- Provided advice and representation in a high profile strategic Case Stated before the Supreme Court.
- Dublin Solicitors' Bar Association
- Law Society of Ireland
- Child & Family Law Committee
- Bachelor of Civil Law (BCL), University College of Dublin, 1985
Described by Legal 500 2019 as 'a true innovator and very effective advocate'
Sinéad Kearney is described by clients as “effective” in relation to her healthcare expertise. - Legal 500, 2017
Healthcare and social care are areas of strength at ByrneWallace, where Sinéad Kearney has been representing the HSE and Tusla (Child and Family Agency) in numerous high-profile contentious matters. - Legal 500, 2017
ByrneWallace is well regarded for its work representing public sector entities in litigation and in relation to legislative reforms, acting with ‘assured preparedness’..Sinéad Kearney is recommended on the childcare side. - Legal 500, 2016
Described as a 'health law expert' - Legal 500, 2015
The firm also has a robust health services practice that ‘delivers every time’ under ‘health law expert’ Sinéad Kearney. - Legal 500, 2015
Healthcare group head Sinéad Kearney ‘delivers every time.’ - Legal 500, 2014