Qualified Tax Consultant
Scope of Role
ByrneWallace, a leading Irish law firm providing services to high profile companies, financial institutions and government bodies in relation to complex legal transactions, is seeking an experienced Tax Consultant to work as part of our team within the Dublin office in relation to both compliance and consultancy services across a diverse range of clients and industry sectors.
This Tax Consultant will have the following responsibilities:
- responsibility for ensuring the firm's clients comply with their corporate and personal tax requirements (including supervision of client compliance work).
- researching and identifying tax issues and tax planning opportunities for clients.
- researching technical tax issues.
- providing general ad hoc advices to clients and other departments within the firm in relation to employment, corporate, VAT, estate and succession planning, etc.
- completion of ad hoc consultancy transactions.
Experience and Skills
The ideal candidate will have the following requirements and will be able to demonstrate the following skills:
- a qualified member of the Irish Taxation Institution (and either a member of the Law Society or a chartered accountant).
- 4 – 6 years minimum post qualification tax experience.
- good technical knowledge of current tax legislation.
- demonstrable analytical skills.
- excellent drafting skills.
- excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- an ability to work effectively as part of a team within the Firm, with other advisors and with our clients.
- motivated and capable of working independently in a pressured, but friendly, working environment.
- strong organisational, financial and time management skills.
- strong business development skills would be a distinct advantage.
- strong commercial awareness, sharing ByrneWallace's commitment to an in-depth understanding of our client's businesses.
- a keen interest in our client's business resulting in a pro-active approach to client relationship management.
If you are interested in being considered for the above position, please submit your CV in confidence to Ciara Loftus, HR Manager by email at email@example.com. For further information on the Firm, please see our website www.byrnewallace.com.
Please click here to view our ByrneWallace Recruitment Data Protection Policy in relation to how we will be processing your information.