Solicitor - Corporate Restructuring & Insolvency
At minimum legal experience gained as a Trainee Solicitor. Under the supervision of a supervising Partner and depending on level of PQE as a Solicitor key responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for performing against and achieving the following KPIs against set targets:
- Time Recording
- Fee Generation/Fees issued
- % Outstanding Invoices
- Unbilled Disbursements
- Work in Progress (WIP)
- Support and assist in the provision of high quality legal services to the Firm’s clients.
- Represent and assist clients as required.
- Case Management
- Monitor of case or key dates
- Support and action all the firm's financial systems in relation to time recording, billing, credit control.
- Business Development & CRM (Interaction) - identify business opportunities & build client relationships for the Firm; attract new business; networking skills; commercial awareness. Maintain quality records on Interaction; contribute to BD initiatives and record all activities on Interaction.
- Knowledge & Expertise – support the development of the Firm’s and own knowledge. In addition to achieving the Law Society CPD requirement, you are also expected to contribute 30 hours to your department’s precedents, know how & training initiatives, and the Firm’s CPD seminars. Suggest content & contacts for the Firm’s client bulletin.
- Maintain awareness of your role in managing professional risk issues.
- Comply with all of the Firm's policies & procedures; attend risk briefings & support Firm-wide risk management initiatives.
- Adhere to the file review and closure process and ensure all open and in-active matters are reviewed and closed as appropriate.
- Support the implementation of the Firm's LEXCEL System.
- Firm Contribution – is committed to the firm’s goals, its ethos and culture. Participates in events as required to assist and promote the profile of the firm.
Support implementation of the Firms Information Security Management and comply with the Firms Information Security Statement:
- Adhere to data classifications and handling rules
- Report Breach of Policy, Incident or Security Weakness
- Comply with the ISMS-04 User’s Information Security Policy Statements
Other skills and experience which may be required:
- Relevant commercial experience in a similar role in the required practice area, enabling the candidate to provide significant added value tothe firm’s clients;
- Strong commercial awareness;
- An ability to communicate effectively at all levels with our clients;
- A high level of motivation and an ability to act on one’s own initiative;
- An ability to work effectively as part of a team within the Firm, other advisers and with our clients;
- Strong organisational and time management skills;
- A keen interest in our clients’ business resulting in a pro-active approach to client relationship management.
Staff may be requested to carry out such reasonable tasks as may from time to time occur.
If you are interested in being considered for the above position, please submit your CV in confidence to Emily Murray, HR Generalist by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. For further information on ByrneWallace LLP, please see our website www.byrnewallace.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we are unable to respond to unsuccessful applications.
Please click here to view our ByrneWallace LLP Recruitment Data Protection Policy in relation to how we will be processing your information.Apply Now