ByrneWallace host Energy Conference to discuss the future of Ireland's renewable energy sectorWednesday, 12 September 2018
On Thursday, 27 September, ByrneWallace will host an insightful discussion on the future of the energy sector in Ireland.
The seminar entitled"The Climate of Change – Opportunities & Challenges for Green Energy today and beyond" will address key opportunities and challenges for the renewable energy sector, both globally and from an Irish perspective, the likely future path of the Irish energy market, and the potential impact of key developments in the global energy market.
Keynote speaker is Dr Eddie O’Connor, Chairman of Mainstream Renewable Power. Eddie will provide his insights on the future of the energy market from a global perspective, with reference to the key challenges to the European political landscape.
Following his presentation, newly appointed Head of Energy & Natural Resources Gavin Blake, will moderate a panel discussion with leading industry experts on key issues affecting the sector. Panellists are as follows:
- Ronan Doherty, CEO, ElectroRoute
- Peter Lynch, Head of Renewable Energy, Coillte;
- Paul Lynam, Head of Sectoral Policy, The British Irish Chamber of Commerce; and
- Laura Heuston, Independent Green Finance and Sustainable Finance Consultant.
Key themes to be discussed will include:
- Climate change & the global political environment
- Notable regulatory developments in Ireland (e.g. I-SEM, RESS)
- Developments in green energy technology
- Investment in / financing of renewable energy projects
- EU targets for 2020 and 2030
- Impact of Brexit
The seminar will commence at 6pm and places are limited.
If you would like to attend, please email firstname.lastname@example.org before Friday 21 September.