ByrneWallace LLP supports the CIPD Employment Law SeminarTuesday, 16 March 2021
ByrneWallace LLP is delighted to support the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD)’s first Employment Law Seminar which takes place on Thursday, 25 March.
Delivered virtually, this event will bring together HR and Learning and Development professionals from Ireland’s leading companies for an insightful day, blending expert employment law sessions with practitioner panel discussions.
Covering a range of developments across the spectrum of employment law, topics to be discussed will include:
- Managing the workplace in the COVID era - remote working and returning to the workplace
- Emerging from the crisis and moving beyond COVID - vaccination refusal; the post-COVID workplace and the right to disconnect
- Panel discussion - reaching the new model workplace and avoiding the obstacles in its way
- Demystifying data protection – addressing current issues for HR professionals
- Dignity and diversity – applying the new Code of Practice on Bullying and emerging equality challenges
- Workplace diversity - converting aspiration to reality – panel discussion on recent developments in law and HR
Speakers will include senior lawyers from the ByrneWallace LLP Employment Law Team:
- Michael Kennedy, partner and Head of Employment Law
- Michelle Ní Longáin, partner, Employment Law
- Loughlin Deegan, partner, Employment Law
- Elaine Kelly, partner, Employment Law
- Rhona Murphy, consultant, Employment Law
- Róisín Lawler, solicitor, Employment Law
- Brian Murphy, solicitor, Employment Law
CIPD is the professional body for human resource and learning & development professionals. With hubs in the UK, Ireland, Middle East and Asia, the organisation has over 6,000 members in Ireland and more than 150,000 members around the world.
Commenting on the event, Michael Kennedy, Head of Employment Law said, “ByrneWallace LLP is delighted to have this opportunity to support CIPD in facilitating this important employment law seminar.
“For more than 100 years, the CIPD has been renowned for championing better work and working lives by setting professional standards for HR and people development, as well as driving positive change in the world of work.
“As leading advisers on employment law in Ireland, ByrneWallace LLP understands the increasingly complex and challenging legal environment in which HR and Learning and Development professionals operate. During the last 12 months in particular, this environment has been fundamentally transformed as a result of the impact of Covid-19 and the global pandemic on organisations and their working practices.
“ByrneWallace LLP is delighted to have this opportunity to support the CIPD and its members as we navigate this changed legal landscape, and share with them our in-depth knowledge and expertise on employment law, providing HR professionals with the necessary tools and insights to effectively adapt how they engage with and manage their workforces now and into the future.”
Recognised nationally and internationally as the home of employment law in Ireland, ByrneWallace LLP has unrivalled experience advising large domestic and international clients, both private and public, across all industry sectors. The Employment Law team is particularly renowned for its excellence in client service and proven track record advising on complex and novel employment issues.
For more information and to book your place on the CIPD Employment Law Seminar in partnership with ByrneWallace LLP, click here.
For more information on our employment law services, click here.