ByrneWallace advise on 12 of the deals shortlisted for Finance Dublin Deals of the Year Awards 2019Thursday, 09 May 2019
ByrneWallace is pleased to announce that the firm has been honoured as advisers on 12 of the transactions shortlisted for Finance Dublin Deals of the Year Awards 2019.
Presented annually, the Finance Dublin Deals of the Year Awards recognise the best in class Irish corporate finance transactions and the leading deal makers and professional services firms that advised upon them. This year, over 211 deals were nominated across five award categories – Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A); Debt Capital Markets; Equity Capital Markets; Loans & Financing, and Financial Services.
The shortlisted deals, which ByrneWallace advised on, fall under the multiple categories including M&A, Debt Capital Markets and Loans & Financing, and include:
- Nuvo Pharmaceuticals (Ireland) DAC acquisition of a number of pharmaceutical assets, as part of the completion by Nuvo of the acquisition of Aralez Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- Investment by BGF in Brindley Healthcare
- MML Growth Capital Partners Ireland investment in the Travel Department
- Partnership between Groupe Adéquat and Sigmar Recruitment
- Sale by Mainstream Renewable Power of Neart na Gaoithe Offshore Wind Limited to EDF Group
- Rothco sale to Accenture plc
- Project Glenbeigh - a securitisation arrangement entered into by Permanent TSB plc for a portfolio of non-performing loans
- Inflazome Limited’s €40 million Series B Financing
- HealthBeacon’s $12 million Series A Financing
Separately, Project Glenbeigh was shortlisted last month for the prestigious International Financial Law Review (IFLR) Europe Awards 2019 as Structured Finance and Securitisation Deal of the Year. Click here to read more.
Commenting on the announcement, Head of Corporate Neil Keenan said, “We are delighted that these transactions, on which we advised, have been shortlisted for these prestigious awards. These transactions were all quite diverse by nature, and each one required second to none client service and an extensive range of legal expertise. These transactions are also a testament to our multi-disciplinary approach as they involved lawyers from our various practice areas collaborating to pool their diverse skills and specialist expertise, and while doing so, deliver a seamless and integrated service to our clients.
“ByrneWallace has a long track record advising leading corporates, institutional investors, private investors and venture capital firms on a broad range of corporate transactions. This is reflected in the quality of all the deals on which we advised during the last year, in addition to the 12 shortlisted for Awards.”
ByrneWallace have previously won at these Awards having advised on the Finance Dublin Deal of the Year Loans & Financing (SME Sector) in 2017 and in 2018.
The winners of the 2019 Awards will be announced in the May issue of the Finance Dublin Magazine.