Our firm has long been recognised as one of the leading construction practices in Ireland with a dedicated team of construction specialists. We act for a wide variety of clients including, private developers, public bodies, financial institutions, contractors, consultants, sub-contractors and insolvency practitioners amongst others.
The tightknit team works together to ensure an efficient and cost effective service to its clients. We engage early on with our clients to assist them proactively manage and reduce the contractual risk involved in their construction projects. Our integrated construction and procurement team ensures continuity of personnel and service across both practice areas.
Our range of construction services is extensive and includes the following:
- Procurement & tendering strategy including EU procurement advice.
- Preparation, review and negotiation of construction and engineering contracts for both employers and contractors. We advise on all types and forms of construction contract, both bespoke and industry standard forms including, RIAI, IEI, Public Works, JCT, NEC & FIDIC.
- Advising on construction issues arising on the completion or “build-out” of incomplete developments, both commercial and residential.
- Advising on all aspects of commercial, retail and office fit-outs on behalf of both contractors and owner/tenants.
- Construction disputes including adjudication, conciliation and arbitration.
- Advising funders on construction-related security requirements related to all types of developments.
- Preparation, review and negotiation of professional team appointments.
- Preparation, review and negotiation of development agreements.
- Advising both beneficiaries and providers of performance bonds, including on demand, default, off-site materials and advance payment bonds.
- Preparation, review and negotiation of collateral warranties.
- Advising on compliance with Health and Safety statutory obligations including appointments of PSCS & PSDP.
- Advising on compliance with the Building Control Legislation.
- Advising clients on relevant changes to legislation and providing bespoke training on construction law to meet client's specific requirements
ByrneWallace have advised Cullaun Capital relating to loan facilities it provided to Bartra Capital for the development of two nursing homes.
ByrneWallace have advised Twinlite relating to the €90 million development finance facilities that it secured from Bank of Ireland and the Cardinal Capital Group.
ByrneWallace advise Brindley Healthcare on its acquisition of Kilminchy Lodge Nursing Home