Corporate Governance and Compliance
Corporate governance and compliance continues to be an evolving, much-debated and increasingly regulated area in Ireland. The enactment of the Companies Act, 2014 has changed the regulatory landscape again, requiring Irish companies to take on board new governance and compliance obligations with effect from mid-2015.
Our Corporate Governance and Compliance team has extensive experience in advising boards of directors, shareholders and other key stakeholders of listed and unlisted, public and private companies, financial institutions and public sector organisations on their compliance obligations under a range of regulatory regimes. We also frequently advise in relation to shareholder and boardroom disputes.
We work closely with our clients in designing, implementing and reviewing the effectiveness of corporate governance structures, frameworks and procedures with a view to ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements and best practice guidelines, including in relation to board structure, transparency, disclosure, engagement with stakeholders, accountability and corporate responsibility.
Our Corporate Governance and Compliance Group advises on compliance with:
- UK Corporate Governance Code
- Disclosure, Market Abuse and Transparency Regulations
- Stock Exchange Rules and Codes of Practice on listing, disclosure, market abuse, transparency
- Central Bank Corporate Governance Codes
- Obligations under Irish companies legislation, including Directors’ Duties and Shareholder Rights
- Code of Practice for the Governance of State Bodies
- Various sector-specific regulatory regimes, including financial services, insurance, life sciences, pharmaceutical and healthcare, telecommunications, energy and waste and food and drink.
Our Corporate Governance and Compliance Group is complemented by the ByrneWallace Corporate Secretarial, which provides the full spectrum of company secretarial services for a large number of our clients, in addition to the ByrneWallace Financial Regulatory Group who provide expertise in the event of external regulatory investigations or legal proceedings.
Please click here for our recent publications on the regulatory changes introduced by the Companies Act, 2014.
Acted for Amryt Pharmaceuticals Designated Activity Company (Amryt DAC) on the reverse takeover of Fastnet Equity plc
Nexvet Biopharma plc
Acted for Nexvet Biopharma plc in relation to its fully underwritten US$40m IPO