Our Corporate Secretarial Department specialises in providing support, assistance and guidance to companies and their officers on meeting their statutory compliance obligations, thus helping to ensure good corporate governance practices are implemented and maintained.
Our team of experts have the technical and practical knowledge to support companies across a broad range of industry sectors, including domestic and international companies. We have the in-depth local knowledge of company secretarial practice to deliver an efficient and quality service to new and existing clients.
We also adopt a proactive approach ensuring our clients are kept up to date on their compliance obligations. We can draw on the expertise of other departments across the firm to offer our clients setting up in Ireland a comprehensive suite of legal services which meets their needs. Working closely with our legal colleagues we offer the re-assurance required to ensure statutory compliance obligations are satisfied.
Companies Act 2014
Please click here for our recent publications on the regulatory changes introduced by the Companies Act, 2014.
- Setting up of private companies limited by shares, special purpose vehicles, companies limited by guarantee, owner management companies, unlimited companies and public companies
- Assisting foreign companies with the establishment of a branch in Ireland
Annual Compliance Services
Our annual compliance package for clients provides the certainty required to ensure their annual compliance obligations are dealt with in a timely and efficient manner.
Our services include:
- The maintenance of statutory registers on our company secretarial database
- Preparation of Annual Returns and filing with the Companies Registration Office
- Registering as Electronic Filing Agent for clients
- Preparation of Annual General Meeting documentation
- Provision of registered office facility for our clients
- Use of our in-house company ByrneWallace Corporate Secretaries Limited as named company secretary for companies
Following commencement of the Act, company directors have a duty to ensure that the person appointed as secretary has the “required skills or resources necessary to discharge his or her statutory and other duties”. As company secretarial practitioners we have the necessary skills to advise clients and ensure their compliance needs are fulfilled.
Other Company Secretarial Services
- Changes to companies' directors
- Application for bond for non EEA resident directors
- Changes to companies’ share capital to include – share transfers, share allotments and re-organisation of share capital
- Assisting with group restructuring
- Re-constitution of companies’ registers onto our company secretarial database
- Carry out health checks for companies on their statutory records and compliance history
- Restoration of companies to the Register of Companies
- Application for voluntary strike-off for companies
- Company conversions and review of constitutional documents
- Name changes
- Attendance at board meetings and taking of minutes
Thoroughbred Remedies Manufacturing Limited
ByrneWallace LLP advises Thoroughbred Remedies Manufacturing Limited