Corporate Transactional LitigationOur Dispute Resolution and Litigation Team work closely with our Corporate Team providing litigation advice in corporate disputes. Where litigation arises from corporate transactions, our team advise on all aspects of the litigation including choice of law and jurisdictional issues, alternative dispute resolution provisions, European and international law issues and providing strategic, commercial advice.
Areas of Expertise
- Advising on the interpretation of contract clauses.
- Advising on various methods of Alternative Dispute Resolution, such as arbitration, mediation and conciliation including the limits of those forums and providing strategic advice on the applicability of ADR clauses in contracts.
- Advising on jurisdictional matters where the contract includes ‘choice of law’ or jurisdiction provisions; and advising on the most appropriate jurisdiction for the resolution of the dispute.
- Advising on the applicability of European and International law and the enforcement elsewhere of Judgments obtained in Ireland and vice versa.
- Acting for an Irish company in a dispute with a Middle-Eastern bank in relation to a Licence Agreement and Professional Services Agreement. Advising on and drafting letters of claim and advising on proceedings.
- Advising in relation to a breach of contract claim on a multi-million euro transaction for a large Irish based multinational.
- Representing the Plaintiffs in High Court proceedings relating to the alleged breach by Bord Gais Eireann ("BGE") of the terms of a share purchase agreement dated 4 December 2009 ("the SPA") in which the Plaintiffs and others sold the entire issued share capital of SWS Natural Resources Holdings Limited to BGE.