ByrneWallace has long been recognised as the home of employment law in Ireland.
A centre of excellence for employment law
The ByrneWallace Employment Team is consistently recognised, nationally and internationally, as leaders in employment law. We have unrivalled experience advising large domestic and international clients, both private and public, across all industry sectors. Our team is particularly renowned for its excellence in client service and proven track record advising on complex and novel employment issues.
In April 2015, ByrneWallace was once again named Employment Law Team of the Year at the Irish Law Awards.
The firm is also the only top-ten Irish law firm accredited with the Lexcel international standard of excellence in practice management.
Our delivery model
At ByrneWallace we provide award-winning service with maximum cost efficiency.
Our delivery model has been developed to ensure that:
- clients receive service from an expert solicitor; and
- no engagement takes longer than necessary.
Establishing in Ireland
- Employment contracts
- Immigration, visas and work permits
- Mandatory and optional policies
Equality and family
- Equal Pay
- Dignity at work
- Protective leave
- Managing diversity
Compliance with individual rights
- Health and safety
- Atypical workers
- Managing absence
- Protected disclosures
Effective workplace investigations
- Performance management
- Disciplinary matters
- Bullying and harassment
Pensions and benefits
- Trust deeds and rules
- Obligations of trustees and administrators
- Pension legislation and case law
- Employee share option schemes
- Transfers of undertakings
- Information and consultation
- Terms preserved; terms varied
- Due diligence in acquisitions
Disputes and strikes
- The industrial relations process
- Obligations of parties during disputes
- Negotiated and arbitrated outcomes
Addressing boardroom conflicts
- Disputes involving executive directors
- Strife with shareholders
- Disputes within partnerships
- The departure of senior executives
Data, information and consultation
- Data protection
- Freedom of information
- Works Councils
- Employee consultation structures
- The Workplace Relations Commission
- The Labour Court
- The civil courts
- Settlements and resolution
- Discipline and dismissal
- Individual redundancy
- Collective redundancy
- Exit packages – taxation and pensions
M.&M. Walshe Holdings Limited
ByrneWallace advised M.&M. Walshe Holdings Limited, on its acquisition by Eight Fifty Food Group.
ByrneWallace advise Brindley Healthcare on its acquisition of Kilminchy Lodge Nursing Home
Phibro Animal Health Limited
ByrneWallace advised Phibro Animal Health Corporation, a NASDAQ listed global diverse animal health and mineral nutrition company.