Environment and PlanningByrneWallace LLP has a leading multi-disciplinary team who provide a broad spectrum of advice on environment and planning issues, whether contentious or non-contentious.
Our clients include developers and operators of data centres and renewable energy projects, semi-state and public sector bodies, and real estate developers of brownfield sites for manufacturing and a range of other clients.
Our integrated team sets itself apart not only for its knowledge and expertise but also for the seamless approach we adopt to service delivery which is aligned to your business goals and ensures you can identify, manage and minimise all legal risks associated with your project.
As markets become more regulated, the sphere of environment and planning continues to grow in importance and complexity. Building on our extensive knowledge and experience, we can advise you throughout your project or at key points of intersection – whether you need project due diligence, review of commercial contracts, support with environment and planning applications and appeals, or with reviewing compliance documentation or performing environment and planning gap analysis, our team will support you throughout the lifecycle of your endeavours.
When matters become contentious, our experienced team are well versed in representing clients in complex litigation including juridical review proceedings. Our extensive experience acting for public sector clients informs all our mandates, since precise and current knowledge of statutory duties and obligations, whether domestic or EU in origin, can be central to the advice you require.
Our skilled team comprises specialists from our key practice areas including property, construction, energy, insurance, litigation and regulatory.
- Waste management
- Management of toxic, harmful or dangerous materials
- Advice on contaminated land
- Water and utilities management
- Environmental due diligence
- Advice on noise and other nuisance issues
- Advice on climate change and carbon management
- Onshore renewable energy projects
- Foreshore and offshore development (to include offshore renewable energy projects)
- Forestry management
- Advisory on Habitats legislation
- Compulsory Purchase Order and related
- Regulatory compliance
- Advice on environmental licensing and permits
- Environmental assessment advisory
- Litigation and judicial review risk assessment
- Litigation including defending challenges to approvals
- Defence of prosecutions by local authorities and acting on behalf of the Environmental Protection Agency on prosecutions
- Assessment of environmental liability
- Several local authorities
- Lidl Ireland Gmbh
- Castlethorn Construction
- PATRIZIA Immoblien
- Irish Water
- Multiple lenders to renewable energy projects
- Natural Forces Renewable Energy
- Island Stability Services