ByrneWallace advise a wide range of firms on regulatory applications with the Central Bank of Ireland (“CBI”), with particular knowledge and experience in advising on regulatory business plans in the areas of:
- MiFID II Regulations
- E-Money and the Payment Services Regulations
- The Capital Requirements Regulations
- AML and FATF requirements
- UBO Regulations
We engage with the CBI on domestic application of the various EU Directives and we engage with the European Banking Authority (“EBA”) and European Securities and Markets Authority (“ESMA”) in connection with changes in level 2 and level 3 requirements.
- In the area of MiFID II , we advise a wide range of clients, including investment managers, broker dealers, proprietary traders, market infrastructure firms, including MTFs and OTFs.
- In the area of PSD 2, we advise primarily tech firms in connection with authorisation applications for EMI and PSD 2 licences and ongoing requirements.
- In the area of CRD IV, we advise a wide range of firms including credit institutions, asset managers on prudential capital requirements, passporting applications and organisational requirements, including incentive schemes.
- In the area of intermediaries and other regulated firms we advise on acquiring transactions and approval of senior managers and directors
- In the area of AML/FATF we advise a wide range of clients on suitability of AML Risk Frameworks for their businesses and compliance obligations in relation to the UBO Regulations