We have a detailed working knowledge of the regulatory framework for the Irish healthcare sector including the Nursing Home Regulations, the Health Information and Quality Authority (HIQA) standards in relation to residential facilities, the Medical Practitioners' Act, the Nurses' Act, the Pharmacy Act, the Hygiene Regulations, Environmental Waste Control Regulations, freedom of information, data protection, anti-smoking legislation and the management of blood and blood products legislation; we monitor legal developments and legislative changes in Ireland, neighbouring jurisdictions and the EU to keep our clients up-to-date on healthcare developments.
- Advising in relation to forthcoming new legislation re private hospital regulation/registration
- Advising in relation to the Medical Practitioners' Act, the Nurses' Act and the Pharmacy Act
- Advising in relation to freedom of information and data protection legislation and compliance
- Advising in relation to the Health Information and Quality Authority (HIQA) standards
- Advising in relation to environmental waste control regulations (re clinical/hazardous waste contracts)
- Nursing home regulations
- Crèche regulations
- Smoking legislation
- Food hygiene regulations
For further information, please contact a member of our Health and Social Care Team.