Insurance Litigation and Advisory
ByrneWallace LLP has a dedicated insurance litigation and advisory team, acting for major national and international insurers, underwriters, commercial policyholders, self-insured organisations and public bodies.
We provide advice on a range of contentious and non-contentious insurance matters to private, semi-state and public organisations in respect of their insurance arrangements, liability risks and indemnities.
- Advising on policy coverage
- Litigating indemnity disputes
- Breach of warranty and condition disputes
- Non contentious insurance, risk mitigation and indemnity advice
- Professional negligence disputes
- Personal injury litigation including motor, employers’ & public liability claims
- ByrneWallace LLP is a leading advisor to the HSE and provides advice on a range of insurance matters including the application of the State indemnity, employer’s liability, public liability, liability risks and indemnity, subrogation and policy coverage.
- Advising on policy interpretation and coverage, particularly complex environmental impairment liability insurance (“EILI”) policies.
- ByrneWallace LLP is at the forefront in developing industry standards and has issued market circulars in Ireland and the UK regarding EILI policies on behalf of an Irish regulator.
- Litigating large scale claims concerning the supply of defective products for the construction of a housing development including claims against the insurer of a structural defects policy.
- Advising a range of private, semi-state and public organisations on insurance and business interruption issues and potential causes of action arising from the COVID-19 pandemic and delivering sector-specific advice on these issues.
- Advising the Financial Services and Pensions Ombudsman (FSPO) in its defence of statutory appeals, arising from the coverage provided under insurance products.
- Advising self-insured clients in the defence of employers’ and public liability claims.
- ByrneWallace LLP appreciates that managing costs is crucial for insurers and similarly the importance of minimising the cost of premiums for policyholders. As a result, our service is competitive and designed to fit the budget of the contracting party. Due to our extensive commercial litigation experience we can also bring added value in litigating insurance disputes in terms of analytical skills, drafting documents and tactical advice.