Asset Management and Investment FundsThe ByrneWallace Asset Management and Investment Funds Team advises on all aspects of investment management, including the establishment, ongoing operations and supervision of regulated investment funds in Ireland.
We provide advice on a broad range of legal, regulatory and tax matters and advise on all types of regulated investment funds including UCITS, AIFs, and REITs. We have experience advising on all forms of investment funds structures including ICAVs, PLCs, Unit Trusts, CCFs and private investment funds (including limited partnership structures).
We have a strong international client base and are correspondent adviser in Ireland to several global law firms in the area of Financial Services.
Clients include leading international asset managers, investors in funds such as pension funds and insurance companies, fund administration groups, global custodians, prime brokers and other financial services organisations.
Our team is also experienced in advising on a wide category of asset classes promoted by leading US, EU and Japanese promoters.
- Investment fund structuring and establishment in Ireland
- Authorisations by Central bank
- Advice on structuring options having regard to tax treatment of investors and distribution issues
- Preparation of required documentation
- Negotiation of derogations with the Central Bank of Ireland and day-to-day liaison with the Bank and the Irish Stock Exchange
- Appointment of third party service providers, including investment managers, depositaries, administrators, AIFMs, prime brokers, and distributors
- Advice on EU passporting issues under AIFMD, UCITS, MiFID, the Prospectus Directive etc, and related registration issues
- Advice on disclosure issues under the EU Disclosure regime, including the Prospectus Directive, the Transparency Directive and EMIR etc
- Advice on AML and FATF compliance issues
- Foreign registrations
- Advice on day to day operational matters including administration and corporate governance
- Adviser on the establishment of long-only mid cap US equities fund as a UCITS fund with Nicholas Company Inc as investment manager.
- Adviser to Exeter Property Group (headquartered in Philadelphia) on the purchase and transfer of a commercial property portfolio of industrial and logistics units in the Dublin region into regulated investment fund structured as a leveraged real property hedge fund (QIAIF).
- Adviser to DMS on restructuring of QIAIF Unit Trust.
- Adviser to several leading UK Financial Institutions on contingency planning for MiFID, AIFMD, UCITS, CRDIV/CRR
- Adviser to Renatus Capital Partners on a registered AIF limited partnership.
- Adviser to Jefferies LoanCore LLC as senior lender to Fibinacci QIAIF ICAV.
ByrneWallace’s newly established team is led by Joseph Gavin and tax specialist Anthony Smyth. Vion Europe and ... Legal 500 2017 - Capital Markets view all related testimonials
ByrneWallace launched an ‘outstanding and creative’ funds team in April 2015. Joseph Gavin is ‘a highly com... Legal 500 2016 - Investments Funds view all related testimonials
Exeter Property Group
Advised Exeter Property Group on the purchase and transfer of a commercial property portfolio