Merger ControlAs one of Ireland’s top advisers in this field, the ByrneWallace Merger Control Team advise clients in a wide range of sectors such as retail, waste, hospitality, and energy.
Our team has substantial EU and Irish merger control experience including advising extensively on the merger control jurisdiction of the Competition and Consumer Protection Commission (the “CCPC”) and its predecessor since 1999.
We provide strategic advice to clients on filing obligations, transactional structure, timing, market definition and liaising with economists and economic experts in particularly complex cases. We acted as legal advisor in the most significant and the only full Phase 2 merger review in Ireland in 2016.
Our areas of expertise include:
- Strategic advices and structure
- Submissions of
merger notifications to both the CCPC and European Commission
- Drafting submissions regarding merger notifications on behalf of interested third parties
- Competition due diligence
- Advising on complaints to the CCPC and European Commission and challenging mergers by way of strategic 3rd party submissions
- Preparation of judicial review appeals of merger decisions
Our team carried out research into the first two years of Ireland's new merger control regime (which you can view here), which highlights the industry sectors most affected by changes to the merger notification thresholds.