Venture Capital and Private Equity
Our Knowledge and Expertise
ByrneWallace is recognised as one of Ireland’s leading advisers in venture capital and equity investment transactions according to the IVCA Pulse Survey.
On the investor side our highly experienced partners have advised venture capital and private equity houses right through the investment cycle, from fund establishment to investment in portfolio companies and ultimate exit.
We have also advised numerous indigenous Irish companies in equity financings of all sizes, from early stage seed funding to large syndicated international investment rounds.
We are frequently requested to act for investee companies by venture capital investors and advise third-level institutions on commercial exploitation and licensing of intellectual property, research and development collaborations, and equity shareholdings in licensee companies; we have an unparalleled understanding of the often complex legal issues that arise in these areas. Our extensive experience includes acting in many high profile and successful exits.
Due to the range of issues involved in venture capital transactions we frequently assemble multidisciplinary teams including sector-specific experts who bring their knowledge, experience and expertise to bear. Depending on the requirements of each transaction, we work closely with our colleagues in banking, life sciences/pharma, financial services, energy, employment, competition and regulatory law. This comprehensive multi-faceted approach gets results.
The team is also recognised as one of Ireland’s leading legal advisers in mergers and acquisitions according to the ExperianIQ M&A Market Review.
Venture capital and private equity services
- Fund establishment including limited partnership agreements and regulatory requirements
- Partner incentive/carry agreements
- Early stage seed and EIIS investment funding rounds including put and call option/contingent purchase contracts
- Enterprise Ireland investments and supports
- Legal due diligence reporting and disclosure letter preparation and negotiation
- Single and syndicated investment subscription and shareholders agreements including multi-faceted antidilution, preferred return, ratchets and exit preference models
- Executive service agreements
- Preferred equity arrangements
- Convertible loan note structures
- Investor exit negotiation and documentation
- MBOs/leveraged buy-outs
- Template documentation for venture capital and investment funds.
MML Growth Capital Partners Ireland
Advised MML Growth Capital Partners Ireland on their investment in leading Irish guided tour operator.
UBiqube (Ireland) Plc
Advised UBiqube (Ireland) Plc on its Series A round of funding from Fujitsu Limited, NTT Docomo Ventures and Fortinet, Inc.