Energy and Natural Resources
On an almost daily basis, global focus on battling the climate emergency steadily increases, with Ireland and Europe now increasingly to the forefront in terms of taking positive action. This significant shift has resulted in more and more active engagement for ByrneWallace LLP’s Energy & Natural Resources team, which has advised on some of the most cutting edge projects in the energy and natural resources sector and is recognised as a leading legal advisor to the Irish renewables sector.
Our multi-disciplinary team draws together a wealth of relevant experience from across key practice areas to advise clients on a broad range of matters, in particular project finance, planning and environmental, mergers & acquisitions, property, construction, commercial contracts and regulatory.
Clients include leading players in the Irish energy market and range from multi-national companies to private equity investors and public limited companies. We have particular expertise advising clients involved in onshore wind & solar PV projects, with this now extending in recent years to offshore wind and energy storage solutions. The team also advises on projects involving the likes of bioenergy, anaerobic digestion and biomass-fuelled CHP. We also advise companies developing green technologies and/or that are involved in green finance initiatives.
- Project finance
- Contentious planning
- Planning & environmental matters
- Property matters specific to energy projects
- Sustainable Finance
- Regulatory advices
- Licensing of electricity and gas supply
- PPAs / off-take arrangements
- Project procurement & construction
- Construction & engineering
- Mergers & acquisitions
- Corporate advisory
- Litigation & dispute resolution
- Grid connection agreements
- Advice on governmental subsidies and supports
- Advice re: I-SEM and associated PPA / off-take implications