Energy and Natural Resources
ByrneWallace’s Energy & Natural Resources team has advised on some of the most cutting edge projects in the energy and natural resources sector.
Our multi-disciplinary team draws together a wealth of relevant experience from across key practice areas to advise clients on a broad range of matters, in particular project finance, planning and environmental, mergers & acquisitions, property, construction, commercial contracts and regulatory.
Clients include leading players in the Irish energy market and range from multi-national companies to private equity investors and public limited companies. We have particular expertise advising clients involved in wind & solar PV projects, plus projects involving bioenergy, oil & gas, AD and CHP. We also advise companies developing green technologies and/or that are involved in green finance initiatives.
- Project finance
- Contentious planning
- Planning & environmental matters
- Property matters specific to energy projects
- Regulatory advices
- Licensing of electricity and gas supply
- PPAs / off-take arrangements
- Project procurement & construction
- Construction & engineering
- Mergers & acquisitions
- Corporate advisory
- Litigation & dispute resolution
- Grid connection agreements
- Advice on governmental subsidies and supports
- Advice re: I-SEM and associated PPA / off-take implications
ByrneWallace has acted for ING Bank as lender’s legal advisor in the project finance of a portfolio of three wind farms – Black Lough (Co. Sligo) and Three Trees and Enros.
ByrneWallace has acted for Windmark Developments in the sale of its subsidiary, to Energia Group.