Regarded as one of Ireland’s premier technology law firms, ByrneWallace advises a wide spectrum of Irish and international tech companies, across all stages of their development - from start-ups to mid-cap and scaling companies, right through to large domestic and multinational organisations.
The firm provides legal advice on a range of corporate matters and has specialist expertise advising on fundraising, data protection, IP and brand protection (contentious and non-contentious), cybersecurity & data privacy, online trading, web development and operational issues, software licensing (entreprise and SaaS licensing), electronic payments and fintech.
As one of the leading advisers on data protection, we are the first large Irish law firm certified with the ISO 27001 information security standard. This provides us with a unique understanding of the challenges organisations face in relation to data security and cybercrime.
We are also recognised as one of Ireland’s top legal advisers on equity funding transactions in the tech and med tech sectors during 2015.
We provide a full range of legal services and advice on how the law affects technical innovation and exploitation, including:
- IT outsourcing facilities management and hosting
- Software R&D, collaboration and development agreements
- Intellectual property rights protection and exploitation
- Software licensing assignments and escrow agreements
- Online sales agreements and terms & conditions
- Enforcement of software/technology licences
- E-Commerce regulation including distance selling
- Website development – agreements and website terms & conditions, privacy policies
- Online and mobile payments services regulations
- Assisting foreign technology companies establishing in Ireland
- Seed services and follow on fundraising
- Corporate restructuring
- Trade sales and M&A transactions
- Tax structuring advice
- Cyber security & data privacy
ByrneWallace advised UBiqube (Ireland) Limited on its Series B round of funding led by NTT Comware Corporation.
Hattrick Sports Group Limited
ByrneWallace advised the shareholders of Hattrick Sports Group Limited on its sale to sports betting company Fortuna Entertainment Group N.V.
Acted for Browserstack Limited in relation to its $50 million Series Funding round with Accel.