Sceptre Hospitality Resources
ByrneWallace LLP advises Sceptre Hospitality Resources....
South African Fund
ByrneWallace acts in the sale of Ireland’s largest building on behalf of a South African Fund. ...
ByrneWallace advise LRC on the acquisition and financing of a portfolio of over 550 properties from Targeted Inve...
Alison qualified as a solicitor in 2003. She joined ByrneWallace LLP in 2007, and is partner and Head of the ByrneWallace LLP Property Law team. She specialises in property law with an emphasis on property issues arising from insolvent borrowers.
Alison has significant experience in acting for international funds, developers, landlords, tenants and investors.
In recent years, much of her work has been based on portfolio acquisitions, high value lettings and insolvency related transactions. In addition, Alison advises receivers, funds, investors and banks generally on property related issues arising from insolvency.
- Acted for Zeno Capital in 2014 in the acquisition of the Tesco distribution centre in Donabate, Co Dublin for circa €129 million and the subsequent sale of the asset to international investors in 2019 for a reported €160m. This is the largest single-asset logistics transaction to have taken place in the Irish market.
- Lead Irish counsel to LRC Group in its acquisition and financing of several portfolios of residential assets including over 550 properties in Project Turner.
- Acted in the sale of the ‘Project Shoreline’ lands (circa 125 acres in Baldoyle) on the instructions of the Statutory Receiver to Helsingor Limited.
- Acted for an international investor in the acquisition and leaseback of the Sports Direct flagship store in Dublin.
- Advised AIB Bank plc in relation to its letting of its new HQ buildings on Molesworth Street, Dublin 2.
- Advised AIB Bank plc in relation to its letting of its landmark building in Central Park, Dublin 18.
- Advised HIG Capital on the acquisition of a PRS portfolio in Dublin.
- Advised Shire Pharmaceuticals in relation to it letting of its HQ buildings at Miesian Plaza, Dublin 2.
- Ongoing advices to the Statutory Receiver to Capel Developments Limited (and its associated companies) in relation to the holding and disposal of its assets.
- Master of Law (LL.M.),Queen’s University of Belfast,1999
- Bachelor of Civil Law (BCL), University College Cork, 1998
- Law Society of Ireland
- Dublin Solicitors Bar Associations
'Alison O'Sullivan is very commercial, solution-driven and practical.' - Chambers Europe, 2023
'She is very calm under pressure and provides a really commercial view of the landscape of deals.' - Chambers Europe, 2023
‘Alison O’Sullivan adopts a very common sense, pragmatic approach to insolvency and restructuring property transactions.’ - Legal 500, 2023
‘The real estate team at Byrne Wallace are top class. Neil Dunne and Alison O’Sullivan are standouts. Their commitment and hard work is exemplary.’ - Legal 500, 2022
‘Alison O’Sullivan offers exceptionally good service, often working extremely hard with difficult counterparties and on very complicated deals. Overall, it is a pleasure to work with her as she provides the reassurance that is such a rare and valued quality in a partner.’ - Legal 500, 2022
Alison O'Sullivan advises domestic and international clients on a number of matters including sales, acquisitions and the financing of real estate portfolios. "For me, what makes Alison O'Sullivan stand out as a commercial lawyer is her ability to distil and quantify risk from her client's perspective. She is a great adviser, and is always prepared to make a recommendation," according to one source. - Chambers Europe, 2022
Alison O'Sullivan is experienced in a number of matters including sales, acquisitions and the financing of real estate portfolios. She assists both domestic and international clients. - Chambers Europe, 2021
Alison O’Sullivan has been a pleasure to deal with. She is very strong on all real estate matters and very reliable. - Legal 500, 2020
Alison O’Sullivan in particular deserves a mention here. She is an approachable and available solution oriented subject matter expert who provides commercially minded advice.‘ - Legal 500, 2020
She is very practical and hands-on in solving problems that could otherwise derail a deal. She is super efficient and understands how the commercial rationale and the risk profile differ from transaction to transaction. - Chambers Europe, 2020
Top class property lawyer, Alison O’Sullivan is ‘unflappable’. - Legal 500, 2019
Alison O'Sullivan has a growing reputation in the market for acting on all manner of property instructions, particularly adept advising banks and fund clients on acquisitions and property finance arrangements. - Chambers Europe, 2019
One commentator notes that she "offers very clear advice and is very responsive," going on to add: "We find her very commercially minded and she's able to clearly highlight the key matters for consideration." - Chambers Europe, 2019
Clients name Alison O'Sullivan as "a very skilled lawyer" and highlight her responsiveness and commercial approach. - Chambers Europe, 2018
Alison O’Sullivan is meticulous - Legal 500, 2018
Alison O'Sullivan was ranked as Up and Coming Lawyer by Chambers Europe, 2017
Alison O'Sullivan has a strong focus on real estate restructurings and insolvencies within the hotel sector. Clients describe her as "reliable, commercial, very thorough and good at making us aware of differences and nuances." O'Sullivan advised Boyers on the EUR12 million sale of a department store. - Chambers Europe, 2017
Alison O'Sullivan has a growing profile in Irish real estate, advising particularly on insolvency-related issues, as well as having knowledge of complex unregistered titles. Clients say that she is "a straight talker and very practical. An absolute pleasure to deal with." Case highlights include assisting Zeno Capital with a €129 million real estate purchase - Chambers Europe, 2016