ByrneWallace advise LRC on the acquisition and financing of a portfolio of over 550 properties from Targeted Inve...
ByrneWallace advised AIB in relation to the 20-year lease of its new corporate headquarters...
Acted for Qualtrics in the lease of its headquarter offices at One Clarendon Row, Dublin 2...
Alison joined ByrneWallace in 2007, and is a partner in the ByrneWallace Property Law team. She specialises in property law with an emphasis on property issues arising from insolvent borrowers.
Alison has significant experience in acting for developers, landlords, tenants and investors. She has a focus on insolvency related transactions and high value lettings.
In recent years, much of her work has been based on insolvency related transactions with particular focus on receiver sales and lettings, mortgagee sales and portfolio reviews for banks and for NAMA. In addition, Alison advises NAMA and Bank appointed receivers and banks generally on property related issues arising with insolvent borrowers
- Advised AIB Bank plc in relation to its letting of its new HQ buildings on Molesworth Street, Dublin 2.
- Advised AIB Bank plc in relation to its letting of its landmark building in Central Park, Dublin 18.
- Advised ComReg in relation to its letting of its new offices in One Docklands Central.
- Advised Shire Pharmaceuticals in relation to it letting of its HQ buildings at Miesian Plaza, Dublin 2.
- Acted for Boyers Limited in the sale of its department store.
- Acted for a Johannesburg based investment fund in the acquisition of the Tesco distribution centre in Donabate, Co Dublin for in excess of €125 million.
- Lead partner advising in the sale of over 200 new residential units at Silverbanks, The Coast, Baldoyle, on the instructions of Simon Coyle (Statutory Receiver to Helsingor Limited).
- Ongoing advices to Simon Coyle (Statutory Receiver to Capel Developments Limited and its associated companies) in relation to the holding and disposal of its assets including Portmarnock Hotel and Golf Links.
- Master of Law (LL.M.),Queen’s University of Belfast,1999
- Bachelor of Civil Law (BCL), University College Cork, 1998
- Law Society of Ireland
- Dublin Solicitors Bar Associations
Described by Legal 500 2019 as ‘unflappable’. - Legal 500, 2019
Alison O'Sullivan has a growing reputation in the market for acting on all manner of property instructions, particularly adept advising banks and fund clients on acquisitions and property finance arrangements. - Chambers Europe, 2019
One commentator notes that she "offers very clear advice and is very responsive," going on to add: "We find her very commercially minded and she's able to clearly highlight the key matters for consideration." - Chambers Europe, 2019
Clients name Alison O'Sullivan as "a very skilled lawyer" and highlight her responsiveness and commercial approach. - Chambers Europe, 2018
Alison O’Sullivan is ‘meticulous’ - Legal 500, 2018
Alison O'Sullivan is ranked as Up and Coming Lawyer by Chambers Europe, 2017
Alison O'Sullivan has a strong focus on real estate restructurings and insolvencies within the hotel sector. Clients describe her as "reliable, commercial, very thorough and good at making us aware of differences and nuances." O'Sullivan advised Boyers on the EUR12 million sale of a department store. - Chambers Europe, 2017
Alison O'Sullivan has a growing profile in Irish real estate, advising particularly on insolvency-related issues, as well as having knowledge of complex unregistered titles. Clients say that she is "a straight talker and very practical. An absolute pleasure to deal with." Case highlights include assisting Zeno Capital with a €129 million real estate purchase - Chambers Europe, 2016