ByrneWallace support UCD Sutherland School of Law’s Annual Irish European Law ForumFriday, 22 November 2019
ByrneWallace is pleased to support the UCD Sutherland School of Law’s Annual Irish European Law Forum, taking place on 6 December 2019.
Now in its 22nd year, the Forum will focus on Employment Law in a Time of Uncertainty. Topics covered will include:
- Resolution of Employment Disputes: Analysis of Practitioner View;
- Flex(in)security: The Dutch Experience;
- EU Discrimination Law: Navigating Sameness and Difference; and
- Employment Law: A View from Luxembourg.
The keynote address will focus on Human Rights as Labour Rights.
Presenters at the Forum will include legal experts from both UCD and the international stage, including:
- Professor Imelda Maher, Dean, Sutherland School of Law
- Peter Xuereb, Judge, Court of Justice of the EU
- Anthony Collins, Judge, General Court of the EU
- Esther Lynch, Deputy General Secretary, European Trade Union Confederation
- Kate O’Mahony BL, Employment Appeals Tribunal, and
- Kevin Duffy, Former Chair, Labour Court.
Speaking ahead of the Forum, Michael Kennedy, Partner and Head of Employment Law at ByrneWallace comments, "ByrneWallace is delighted to have this opportunity to support the UCD Sutherland School of Law’s Annual Irish European Law Forum. As a firm which is consistently recognised as a leader in the provision of employment law services, we are acutely aware of the increasingly complex statutory and regulatory environments in which our clients operate. Against that background, we appreciate the importance of this Forum, and we are honoured to be involved and look forward to hearing local and international employment law experts addressing topics which are of such significance to employment professionals and practitioners.”
The Forum will bring together practising lawyers, barristers, in-house counsel and former students of the UCD Sutherland School of Law.
For further details about the event, key note speakers and to view the full agenda, please click here.
For further information on our employment law services, please click here.