ByrneWallace LLP supports the CIPD Employment Law Seminar 2024Wednesday, 24 January 2024
ByrneWallace LLP is delighted to partner with the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD)’s on this year’s Annual Employment Law Seminar which takes place on Thursday, 1 February in the Aviva Stadium, Dublin.
This day-long seminar provides a collaborative forum, with a range of legal experts from ByrneWallace LLP, experienced practitioners, and progressive employers discussing and sharing new insights and learnings on the following key areas:
- AI and the HR practitioner – assessing the implications of EU legislation on AI and digitalisation for the people profession;
- Employment-law health check – making sure your organisation is up to date on recent developments in issues such as statutory sick pay, collective bargaining, protected disclosures, retirement and pensions;
- Managing the challenges of fair and flexible work – sharing what we have learned in the past 12 months about the new probation laws and the range of rights in respect of flexible working;
- Stepping up to the plate about domestic violence and disability – learning from the experts in these two challenging topics;
- Ready to change your approach to independent contracting? – the practical application of the Supreme Court’s new five factor test; and
- Gender pay gap reporting – how your systems will change to accommodate the EU Pay Transparency Directive.
Speakers will include lawyers from the ByrneWallace LLP Employment Law Team:
- Michelle Ní Longáin, Partner and Head of Employment Law
- Michael Kennedy, Partner, Employment Law
- Loughlin Deegan, Partner, Employment Law
- Lorraine Smyth, Partner, Employment Law
- Emmet Whelan, Partner, Employment Law
- Rhona Murphy, Consultant, Employment Law
They will be joined by the following expert practitioners:
- Mary Connaughton, Director, CIPD Ireland
- Joyce Rigby Jones, Co-Managing Director, Voltedge Management
- Niamh McNamara, Head of Labour Relations, Transformation and People Consultants, Salesforce
- Hannah Wayte, Project Lead Trainer, Women’s Aid
CIPD is the professional body for HR and people development which have been championing better work and working lives for over 100 years. With hubs in the UK, Ireland, Middle East and Asia, the organisation has over 6,000 members in Ireland and more than 160,000 members worldwide.
For more information on the seminar, click here.
For more information on the ByrneWallace LLP Employment Law team, click here.